Telephone: 01294 689 903
(SMS) text: 07407 217 880
West of Scotland
Greater Glasgow and
Quotes for Ant Removal Treatment
1. Spray application and dusting to control ants
(interior and external perimeter)
£45 any 1 room excluding kitchen
£50 kitchen only
£55 1-bedroom flat, studio or bedsit
£60 2-bedroom flat
£65 3-bedroom flat or 2-bed house
£70 4-bedroom flat or 3-bed house
2. Application of ant gel (interior only)
£50 any 1 room or kitchen
£60 1-bedroom flat, studio or bedsit
£65 2-bedroom flat
£70 3-bedroom flat or 2-bed house
£75 4-bedroom flat or 3-bed house
The safe & efficient use of advanced ant control chemical products
Ant treatment - option 1.
A 'clean out' rate of a high performance residual insecticide suitable for ant control
A dust formulation carbamate insecticide - superior ant killer
- Application of liquid formulation as a course spray onto floor & wall junctions (edges of floor) and onto ant trails (where visible). External insecticidal barrier created around perimeter (where applicable).
A dust formulation of carbamate insecticide is applied into cavities and to other inaccessible areas where ants may be foraging or are penetrating through.
Ant treatment - option 2.
Ant gel - bait formulation to attract and control black ants
- insecticidal ant gel is applied with bait gun as small drops along trails where ants are known to be foraging.
About Common Black Ants (Garden Ants)
Temperate species living in soil or in association with dwellings. Common ants form nests in gardens, under paving stones,
in foundations or occasionally within buildings. One queen per nest. Garden ant workers are very active foraging on wide range of foods including sweet substances, seeds, insects and aphid secretions 'honey dew'. Nests may survive for many years but young queens leaving the nest as 'flying ants' start new ones each year.
Please let us control the ants for you
- What to do before ant treatment
Arrangements to make before ant treatment if you have pets
1. If you have any pet(s) such as cats or dogs, rabbits, hamsters etc. arrange for your them to be out of the house during spray treatment and for at least 2 hours afterward or longer - until all sprayed surfaces are dry and safe. Fish, amphibians and pet snakes should be removed prior to ant treatment; alternatively the tanks properly covered.
2. No special arrangements for your pet(s) are required prior to treatment; however ant gel bait will be placed in tamper-proof ant bait stations to prevent the pet(s) from contamination through accidental ingestion of insecticide. Additional charge £10 applies.
Cleaning before ant removal treatment
Applies to both, option 1 and 2.
It is better to vacuum and mop the floor as you will be advised to avoid cleaning of treated areas on completion of ant treatment. Do not apply any DIY ant control products prior to an arranged ant control treatment.
1. Do not use aggressive detergents or bleach in cleaning operation before chemical spray treatment.
Access required for ant treatment
1. Where possible, prior ant treatment, move furniture 1 foot away from the walls to allow pest control operator access to spray behind it. Time Czechmate Pest Control technician requires to work on your premises will be up to 1 hour for which you are recommended to stay out; although you may remain in the property and obey safety instructions given to you by the the technician on site.
2. Access to any or all parts of your property will be requested by the technician for no longer than 30 minutes. No special arrangements required.
After Ant Treatment - Advice
Ant removal - health & safety
1. Avoid contact of bare skin with treated surfaces while wet after spray application; it takes about 1 -2 hours to dry. Slight chemical odour present immediately on application can be effectively removed by ventilation that also speeds up drying process. All spray treated surfaces will be safe once dry.
2. No additional health & safety requirements for this option.
After ant treatment - cleaning and maintenance
1. Avoid cleaning to the edges of spray treated floor and carpets for 2 weeks on application in order to maintain effectiveness of treatment.
2. Do not interfere with ant-gel bait points
Eradication of ants - progress
1. Quick results such as considerably reduced number of live ants inside treated premises should be noticeable from day 2 on completion of spray treatment.
2. Foraging ants feed on the bait and then return to the nest, transferring the bait to the queen and so to the entire colony. First visible signs that the bait is working should be seen within a week of gel application.
There might be a requirement for repeat ant treatment(s)
1. If ant activity persists over 2 weeks on completion of treatment you should arrange for a repeat one.
2. If a significant improvement does not come within 1 month you should arrange for a repeat treatment.
Ant Prevention - Further Advice
In general, some soils are more attractive to ants, and houses built on them more prone to be infested. In such cases focus should put on eradication of ants from the interior while preventing more ants from coming indoors by proofing and by creation of insecticidal barrier regularly along outside perimeter of the building.
Be advised ants are attracted to foods rich in protein and sugar. Keep them
in sealed containers to prevent re-infestation.